5 Free Things To Do In Auckland
We all want to go out to have fun, explore and discover new things. This is a no brainer. However, sometimes finances are not on our side and one could think without money there is nothing much to do right? Wrong! We have prepared a list with 5 different places you can visit in Auckland and get amused for free.
1. Check out Piha beach – Located in the west coast of Auckland, this is one of the most beautiful beaches the city offers. Loved by surfers because of its wild waves, the place is full of good spots for scenic photographs. While there, why don’t go and check Kitekite Falls as well?
2. Walk up Mount Eden – This is Auckland’s highest volcano. Don’t worry, its last eruption happened over 15,000 years ago and it is a pretty safe spot. The walking is relatively easy and once you get to the summit you will be rewarded with a nice view of the city.
3. Take a swim at Hunua Falls – One of the most famous waterfall around, it has a 30 metre drop. Just make sure you know how to swim and be aware of the strong current.
4. Visit Auckland Art Gallery – Fancy a cultural moment? They hold over 15,000 works, which sould be plenty to be looked at. Immerse yourself into art!
5. Go for a hike – The city has got heaps of walking trails literally everywhere. Some of them leads to waterfalls while others to scenic views of Auckland. Put on your shoes and you are ready.