How to get a Working Holiday Visa
Before joining our awesome programme you need a Working Holiday Visa. This is a visa that will allow you to enjoy a one year stay in the country, during which you will be able to legally work and travel. In case you have never heard about it or have questions, we are going to list the requirements and explain the process of how to obtain this visa.
First let’s see the requirements for the WHV shall we?
- to be a citizen and hold a passport from one of the eligible countries
- to have between 18 and 30 years of age (or 35 if you’re from Canada)
- to have no dependants
- to have a return ticket to your home country or at least proof of financial funds to buy one
- to prove that you have enough money to support your stay which means NZD 4,200
- to have no serious health condition or a criminal record
- to have health insurance during your stay
- not have had a WHV in the past
If you tick all the conditions, then be happy! You are eligible for a WHV. The next set of steps should be straightforward.
First you will need to create an account. After that you are going to complete an online form which will then prompt you to pay the fees. Later on immigration will require you to go through a medical exam and that’s pretty much it. If all is good with your health you will get the green light meaning everything is approved. That means you are all ready and New Zealand awaits for you 🙂
If you are still feeling unsure or not confident enough, you can always come and contact us. We are ready to help you in each and every step of the way!